What is bacterial decontamination dental?
Bacterial decontamination dental is a process that uses the dental soft tissue laser to kill the bacteria that cause inflammation and periodontal disease. It is also known as laser bacterial reduction (LBR).
The bacterial decontamination dental or laser bacterial reduction process is generally used to reduce gingival inflammation, swelling, and bleeding and treat infection so that the gums can heal naturally without bacteria infecting them.
What are the benefits of bacterial decontamination dental or laser bacterial reduction (LBR)?
- LBR is an effective way of preventing infection from spreading to other areas in the mouth as it kills bacteria with the use of a soft tissue laser.
- LBR can also reduce the risk of cross-contamination within the mouth during the cleaning and treatment.
- LBR destroys bacteria associated with periodontal disease before there is an attachment loss to surrounding structures.
- LBR destroys dangerous bacteria in the mouth, which can boost the immune system
- LBR reduces gingival inflammation (redness, swelling, and bleeding) as well as treats infection so that the gums can heal naturally without bacteria infecting them
- LBR is a great way to improve overall oral health and make resolving issues like periodontal disease more comfortable